Monday, April 7, 2008

of meadows and green flowers in my head

I need another form of escapism, really. I`ve always been in & out of space. That`s just how I am, always in transitions. I know that I need to be okaye for myself & for everyone else but I`m just gonna take my own time. & the world knows that TIME isn`t ALWAYS a Band-Aid.

Sometimes, I run back to how it all began because there`s that allaying sense of familiarity despite your current absence in my life. I remember our moments of love, lust, madness, our tears of joy & sorrow & everything there was to us. More often than not, I miss you more than I should.

Everything changes, sometimes in our favour & sometimes not. This takes time, but God willing, I`m gonna be okaye. Slowly but surely.

At least I had every fibre of your being & the love in your heart, if only for a while. Everything`s gonna be okaye. Oh how many times have I said this? I am gonna be okaye. Nothing but divine intervention is gonna stop me from being fine. & given TIME (what`s new, really), this won`t scare me SO much. I`m a mess at times but I`m a firm believer in myself & hope & a better tomorrow.

On another note, I think there`s just something about Yael Naim`s voice & songs that make me wanna float. I get so dreamy it makes me dizzy, in a good way.

I picture myself holding the greatest green balloon ever, in a long, frilly white dress with my face so pale, it exudes such unimaginable placidity, it hurts you. Such tranquility..Mmm... & I have green flowers in my hair, like a mini wreath on my head. Mmm... & when you look up at the sky, all you can see are specks of green & I`m all the waaaaay up there in the clouds..You can`t see me smile from where you are but you know that I`ve got the widest smile plastered on my face...because I`m happy up there......Can you conjure that image in your head? Mmmmm.

Anywaaaaay, she did a cover of Britney`s Toxic & it`s so good it`s haunting.






No comments: